The Challenge is ON! As part of our Health and Wellness Support Group, the River Run Church of the Nazarene has become a registered site for the “Move and Improve” Program. You can participate with us by making a commitment to become more physically active over the 12 weeks of the program. The program began on March 2 and will continue through May 24, 2014.
You can continue to register until March 28. Registration can be done online or through a site coordinator. If you would like to register by paper through River Run’s site coordinator email email@example.com. You will be sent the paperwork that needs to be completed and signed for River Run to register you. You can also register online at www.moveandimprove.org.
If you would like to join us at River Run, please select us as your site when you register. The “Move and Improve” Program will award prizes at the end of the 12 weeks through random drawings. In addition, if you register as a participant with the River Run Church of the Nazarene as your site, you will be eligible for additional random drawings for prizes to be given out by the River Run Church of the Nazarene at the end of the 12 week program. Some “Move and Improve” dates to remember:
- Program Date: March 2 – May 24, 2014 (12 weeks)
- Participant Registration: January – March 28, 2014
- Goal Entry: April 27 – June 2, 2014
- Random Prize Drawing:June 4, 2014
More Information about the River Run Church of the Nazarene’s Health and Wellness Support Group:
The River Run Church of the Nazarene is forming a health and wellness support group. The group will use the First Place 4 Health Program materials and other health and wellness related resources to offer a 12 week program. First Place 4 Health is a Christ-centered total-wellness program to help us learn how to achieve emotional, physical, mental and spiritual wellness.
The River Run Church of the Nazarene’s Health and Wellness Support Group will begin weekly meetings on Saturday afternoon, March 8, from 4:30 to 6:30 PM. These meetings will be held at the Detroit Town Hall, located at 35 South Main Street in Detroit. Each meeting will include a check-in time, a show and tell for health and wellness tips and lessons learned, a First Place 4 Health training session, a Bible Study, and a fitness session. If you want to attend and did not register on March 1, please plan to arrive early [between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM] on March 8, 2014 to late register.
More Information about Move and Improve:
Move and Improve of EMHS is a community-based program designed to encourage and empower individuals to engage in a healthier lifestyle through physical activity. Move and Improve provides a supportive environment focused on promoting the benefits of physical activity as a way to combat health risks linked to chronic disease and obesity. Move and Improve is a 12-week program designed to encourage participants to increase the amount of physical activity that is engaged in on a daily/weekly basis.
- The program is FREE, there is no cost associated with joining the program
- All ages and organizations (work sites, school sites, government sites, etc.) are welcome to join the program
- Registered participants have access to an online activity log to help track activity
- Anyone, regardless of registration status will have the opportunity to sign up for the weekly newsletters filled with fit tips, quotes, articles, etc. that is offered every week for the duration of the program
- Move and Improve is designed to allow participants to engage in the program independently or they can link their registration with a registered site
- As an online program, Move and Improve has the ability to reach individuals from all corners of the state of Maine, from North to South, East to West and all areas in between. We have also gone nationwide and international