Passage: Ephesians 5:1-33 (NIV)
So what is a Christian to do? How are we supposed to live our lives? Ephesians 5 has a lot to say on the subject.
- Follow God’s example… and walk in the way of love
- Have not even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed
- Speak not obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking
- Be thankful
- Find out what pleases the Lord
- Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness… expose them
- Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise… understand what the Lord’s will is.
- Do not get drunk on wine
- Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit.
- Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord
- Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
- Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
May we be able to live our lives, through Christ, in a way that is honoring to God. May the Spirit of Christ that lives within be seen by all through our attitudes, deeds, and behavior. May we be blessed as we follow God’s example. (inspired by Reflecting God – Devotions for Holy Living, WordAction Publishing Company)