Passage: Psalm 148:1-14
Verse: Psalm 148:14 (NIV)
And he has raised up for his people a horn [a symbol of strength], the praise of all his faithful servants, of Israel, the people close to his heart. Praise the Lord.
Can anyone say praise the Lord? May all of God’s creation praise the Lord! This psalm reminds us that all of God’s creation should give the Lord praise –
- everything in heaven… the angels and the sun, moon, and stars;
- everything on earth… sea creatures, land creatures, birds of the sky, and the mountains, the oceans, and the sky;
- and all nations, rulers, and all men, women, and children.
Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens. May everyone praise the Lord! May we exalt the Lord today! May we praise the name of the Lord for at his command:
- [we] were created,
- he established [us] for ever and ever—
- [and] he issued a decree that will never pass away.
Praise the Lord! Amen!
(inspired by Reflecting God – Devotions for Holy Living, WordAction Publishing Company)