- Sometimes it has to Get Worse Before it Gets Better – The Tenth Sunday after Pentecost [8/18/19]
- Reflections… a Scripture verse and inspiration for daily living [8/18/19]
- Prayer, Praise, & Promises Aug. 17, 2019
- Reflections… a Scripture verse and inspiration for daily living [8/17/19]
- Prayer, Praise, & Promises Aug. 16, 2019
Category Archives: Promises
Father, to you be honor and power and majesty forever. We praise you for your many blessings that flow from your lovingkindness. Amen.
Acts 14:17 (NIV) Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.
The roaring thunder of the law and the fear of the terror of judgement are both used to bring us to Christ, but the final victory culminating in our salvation is won through God’s loving-kindness. – Charles Spurgeon
Father, thank you for drawing us to you. Your unfailing kindness gives us strength even when we doubt ourselves. Help us to look beyond ourselves and to see only you. Amen.
Jeremiah 31:3 (NIV) The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”
Before you can teach children, you must get the silver key of kindness to unlock their hearts, and so secure their attention. – Charles H. Spurgeon
Father, grow us in spiritual maturity so that we might know you more deeply. Amen.